St. Clair County Head Start is accepting applications for the upcoming school year. Parents are encouraged to apply now. If your child will be 3 or 4 years of age on or before Sept. 1, 2016, and meets the necessary federal income guidelines, he or she is eligible to apply.
There is no fee for Head Start. Transportation is provided for children who live beyond a 5 mile radius of the center and services are offered to meet the needs of all children, including those with disabilities.
Registration time is 9 a.m.-1 p.m. at the St. Clair County Head Start Center, located on U.S. 231 North between Pell City and Ashville.
Required information for completed application:
1. Social Security card
2. Birth certificate (official by state) for child
3. W-2, tax return and latest check stub, TANF or SSI
4. Blue Immunization slip
5. Medicaid or private insurance
6. Proof of guardianship/custody if not biological child
7. If your child is accepted to attend Head Start, a physical and dental screening will be required.
For more information, call 205-338-9694 or visit www.stclaircountyheadstart.com.