TALLADEGA COUNTY -- The Talladega County Commission opened the only bid submitted for in-place cement for the county road department during a meeting Monday night that lasted less than 10 minutes.
According to County Administrator Pat Lyle, this is the second time the commission has sent out bids for this particular item. The first time, no bids were returned. This time, National Cement Company of Birmingham returned the only bid. County engineer Shannon Robbins will examine the submitted bid and report back if it meets the specifications.
Also Monday, the commission:
- Renewed the service contract with Motorola Solutions for the Talladega County Emergency Management Agency;
- Approved the 2019 holiday schedule, including a floating holiday that may be chosen by the individual employee replacing Jefferson Davis’s Birthday;
- Approved conference requests for a registrar and two road workers;
- Approved expenditures totaling $1,886,049; and
- Heard Commission Chairman Kelvin Cunningham announce October was Breast Cancer Awareness Month.