A Talladega man was sentenced to 15 years in prison Tuesday after pleading guilty to shooting into an occupied building, shooting into an occupied vehicle, assault in the first degree and assault in the second degree. All sentences will run concurrently.

All of the charges against Jonathan Darrell “Peaches” Moten, 27, stemmed from the same incident at the Elks Lodge just before Christmas in 2012. Gratecia “Woochie” Collins, 24, and DeMarion Q’Juandez Collins, 25, were also arrested in connection with related incidents.

Both Collinses were charged with assault in the second degree.

The altercation began inside the club, culminating with Gratecia Collins allegedly cutting two women with a bottle. According to a press release from the Alabama Attorney General’s Office, after the fight had broken up, Moten went to his car and retrieved a gun.

He then confronted some of the others involved in the parking lot and began firing the gun multiple times. No one was hit in the parking lot, but stray bullets did wound two women still inside the club who had not been involved in the original argument. Both of these women were transported to University of Alabama Birmingham Hospital for treatment of their injuries.

When the intended targets fled the parking lot, Moten fired into their vehicle, but still managed to avoid hitting anyone in it.

The press release also says that Moten has a prior felony conviction for second degree robbery in Montgomery County. He is also still facing burglary charges in Talladega County, according to records from the Metro Jail.

“This defendant fully intended to shoot and cause serious injury to certain individuals, and he acted with reckless disregard for all others who were nearby,” Attorney General Luther Strange said in the press release. “Thankfully, the two young women who were shot survived, and no others were injured. This is a terrible crime that could have caused far more severe damage. The defendant has admitted to these acts and deserves to face stern punishment for the harm he has done.”

The case was prosecuted by assistant attorneys general John C. Hensley III and Ternisha Miles. The Talladega Police Department investigated the case, and the Talladega County District Attorney’s Office provided assistance.

Contact Chris Norwood at cnorwood@dailyhome.com.