Matt Kenseth

Matt Kenseth has a deal in place to drive for Roush Fenway Racing.

TALLADEGA -- There was another life-changing announcement this week. Matt Kenseth on Wednesday returned to Roush Fenway Racing, where his career was launched. Kenseth, the 2003 series champ and a winner of 39 Cup races, was not retained last year by Joe Gibbs Racing.

The organization said Kenseth, 46, would share the No. 6 Ford with Trevor Bayne.

That left Bayne carefully choosing his words Friday morning when in a brief media session at the No. 6 hauler.

“First of all, my health is 100 percent,” said Bayne, who was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis in 2013 at age 23. “I am as fit physically, mentally and spiritually as I have ever been to do my job well. The second part is that my desire is still as it has always been since I was five years old, to come to the track every weekend to contend for wins and championships and be a driver at the top level in the Cup Series. Nothing there has changed. I am still going to pursue that because I feel I have the ability to do that. Right now I don’t have much more to add to that.”

Loading...
Loading...