The people listed in this arrest report, whose names and charges are obtained from public records, are presumed innocent unless proven guilty in a court of law.
The following felony arrests were reported by the Anniston Police Department during the seven-day period ending at 7 a.m. Thursday.
• Billie Joe Shack, 69: possession of a controlled substance.
• Carrie Adriana Mitchell, 20, of Rainbow City: theft of property.
• Kenneth Wyatt Kloepfer, 49, of Anniston: possession of a controlled substance, possession of marijuana.
• Krystal Harris, 36, of Anniston: receiving or possessing stolen property, possession of a controlled substance.
• Tammy Lee Varden, 40, of Lincoln: possession of a controlled substance.
• Pequer English, 56, of Anniston: possession of a controlled substance.
• Schuretta Rochelle Reyes, 38, of Anniston: theft of property from a motor vehicle.
• Trevor Ronnie Sanders, 25, of Weaver: receiving or possessing stolen property.
The following felony arrests were reported by the Calhoun County Sheriff’s Office during the seven-day period ending at 7 a.m. Thursday.
• Justin Shane East, 30, of Anniston: unlawful breaking and entering a vehicle, attempted third-degree burglary, first-degree unlawful possession of marijuana.
• Karen Marie Abramski, 38, of Anniston: obstructing justice by providing a false I.D.
• Cassandra Leigh Marin, 32, of Eastaboga: unlawful breaking and entering a vehicle, attempted third-degree burglary.
• Chase David Clanton, 24, of Anniston: unlawful breaking and entering a vehicle, attempted burglary.
• Shelly McKleroy Rollins, 49, of Oxford: unlawful possession of a controlled substance.
• Nathaniel Wade Thomas, 24, of Anniston: distribution of a controlled substance.
• Ashley Glynne Clark, 34, of Covington, Ga.: I.D. theft.
• Peyton Michael Brunson, 19, of Wellington: unlawful possession/receiving a controlled substance.
• Robert Chandler Cox, 21, of Jacksonville: first-degree unlawful possession of marijuana.
• Nathaniel Vincent Bragg, 20, of Jacksonville: failure to appear in court for third-degree theft of property.
• Carl Robert McElhaney, 53, of Jacksonville, Tenn: first-degree receiving stolen property.
Crimes are listed by location. Anonymous tips may be called in to Crime Stoppers at 256-238-1414. A reward of up to $1,000 may be given.
The following property crimes were reported to the Anniston Police Department during the seven-day period ending at 7 a.m. Thursday.
• Residence, 3100 block of Truman Avenue: television, sound bar, window.
• Residence, 1800 block of Bynum Leatherwood Road: tablet computer with case.
• Residence, 100 block of Hutchenson Drive: television.
• Residence, 2000 block of Oakridge Avenue: game console, controllers, games.
• Residence, 400 block of South Allen Avenue: game console, controller, games.
• Residence, 300 block of Pinson Road: shoes, jewelry.
• Residence, 600 block of East 7th Street: string trimmer.
• Residence, 900 block of North Ledbetter Street: DVD’s.
• Residence, 700 block of Maxanna Drive: ceramic grill.
• Parking lot, 0-100 block of Summerall Gate Road: utility trailer.
• Bank, 100 block of Bill Robison Parkway: cash.
• Residence, 100 block of Brown Street: zero-turn lawn mower.
• Parking lot, 6400 block of McClellan Boulevard: clothing, bookbag, tablet computer, navigation system. (Recovered 07-29-2018.)
• Residence, 2800 block of Walnut Avenue: cell phone.
The following property crimes were reported to the Calhoun County Sheriff’s Office during the seven-day period ending at 7 a.m. Thursday.
• Residence, U.S. 78 East, Anniston: four-wheeler.
• Residence, 1800 block of Lakeshore Drive: pressure washer.
• Unknown location, Alabama 21 South, Oxford: 2016 Dodge Ram 4500, zero-turn mowers, utility trailer tires.
• Residence, New Liberty Road, Wellington: cash.
• Residence, Alexandria Wellington Road, Alexandria: firearm.
08-03-2018 Restaurant Inspections
Here are food service establishments recently inspected by the Calhoun County Health Department, along with scores. A score of 100 indicates the inspector found no deficiencies. Potentially hazardous deficiencies (four- or five-point demerit items) are noted. These must be corrected immediately and inspectors say they are often corrected while the inspection is underway. Restaurants earning below 70 must raise their scores within seven days or face closure.
4-OR 5-POINT DEMERITS
Grab N Go Mart, 5165 Alabama 204, Jacksonville - 94, potentially hazardous food did not meet temperature requirements during hot holding.
Heroes American Grille, 8896 McClellan Blvd., Anniston - 87, presence of insects (flies); food contact surfaces (ladles and fry baskets) must be clean to sight and touch.
Smile Express, 1050 Pelham Road, S., Jacksonville - 95, presence of insects (ants).
NO MAJOR DEMERITS
Cecil’s Place, 313 Pelham Road, S., Jacksonville - 96.
Christian Corner Meats, 1002 U.S. 431, N., Anniston - 100.
Comfort Suites, 125 Davis Loop, Oxford - 100.
Effina’s Tuscan Grill, 501 Pelham Road, N., Jacksonville - 99.
Meadowbrook Abundant Childcare, Oxford - 100.
Panera Bread, 21 Commons Way, Oxford - 98.
Pizza Hut, 816 Pelham Road, S., Jacksonville - 99.
Pizza Hut, 202 E. Hamric Drive, Oxford - 96.
Starbuck’s Coffee Co., 1011 Alabama 21, S., Oxford - 99.
Subway, 402 Pelham Road, N., Jacksonville - 99.
Subway, 2030 U.S. 78, E., Oxford - 100.
TCBY, 1903 Quintard Ave., Anniston - 98.
Yamato Japanese Steakhouse, 105 Mountain St., NW, Jacksonville - 97.
08-03-2018 Cattle Report
Here is the livestock market report for the Tuesday sale.
Receipts for this week 510 compared to 742 last week. Receipts a year ago 533.
Bulls and steers (Medium and Large No. 1 and No. 2): 200-300 lbs. 180.00 to 215.00; 300-400 lbs. 150.00 to 215.00; 400-500 lbs. 134.00 to 165.00; 500-600 lbs. 120.00 to 154.00; 600-800 lbs. 100.00-134.00.
Heifers (Medium and Large No. 1 and No. 2): 200-300 lbs. 160.00 to 175.00; 300-400 lbs. 145.00 to 165.00; 400-500 lbs. 127.00 to 155.00; 500-600 lbs. 120.00 to 135.00; 600-700 lbs. 100.00 to 125.00.
Cows: Breakers 48.00 to 53.00; Boners 48.00 to 55.00; Lean 48.00 to 55.00.
High Dressing >58% 82.00. Normal Dressing 54-58% 80.00. Low Dressing <54% 73.00.