The people listed in this arrest report, whose names and charges are obtained from public records, are presumed innocent unless proven guilty in a court of law.
The following felony arrests were reported by the Anniston Police Department during the seven-day period ending at 7 a.m. Thursday.
• Bradley Edward Smith, 26, of Anniston: possession of a controlled substance.
• Matthew Isiah Tyler, 21, of Jacksonville: theft of property.
The following felony arrests were reported by the Calhoun County Sheriff’s Office during the seven-day period ending at 7 a.m. Thursday.
• James Richard Varner, 57, of Alexandria: unlawful possession/receiving a controlled substance.
• Quindarius Dominique Phillips, 28, of Anniston: bond revocation.
• Laura Ashley Chaflin, 27, of Oxford: failure to appear in court.
• Carlino LaBlaze Williams, 44, of Anniston: failure to appear in court.
Crimes are listed by location. Anonymous tips may be called in to Crime Stoppers at 256-238-1414. A reward of up to $1,000 may be given.
The following property crimes were reported to the Anniston Police Department during the seven-day period ending at 7 a.m. Thursday.
• Residence, 100 block of West 35th Street: television, medications.
• Residence, 100 block of West 35th Street: cash.
• Residence, 2100 block of Clydesdale Avenue: television, DVD player.
• Residence, 6100 block of McClellan Boulevard: television, router.
• Residence, 300 block of Old County 109: laptop computer, lawn equipment.
• Residence, 2000 block of Dellwood Court: television, DVD player, jewelry.
• Residence, 300 block of East 16th Street: outdoor table.
• Residence, 600 block of South Corning Street: cash.
• Residence, 6300 block of Glade Road: string trimmer.
• Commercial location: 4500 block of McClellan Boulevard: furniture, fabric protectant.
• Commercial location, 4500 block of McClellan Boulevard: zero turn lawn mower, trimmer.
• Residence, 1700 block of Electronics Drive: credit cards, personal I.D., cell phone.
• Street: unspecified block of West 26th Street: tablet computer.
The following property crimes were reported to the Calhoun County Sheriff’s Office during the seven-day period ending at 7 a.m. Thursday.
• Parking lot, Airport Road, Oxford: Georgia license plate.
• Residence, Avalon Lane, Anniston: vehicle key, wallet, credit/debit cards, cell phone, cash.
• Residence, Kelleys Lake Lane, Wellington: firearms.
08-10-2018 Restaurant Inspections
Here are food service establishments recently inspected by the Calhoun County Health Department, along with scores. A score of 100 indicates the inspector found no deficiencies. Potentially hazardous deficiencies (four- or five-point demerit items) are noted. These must be corrected immediately and inspectors say they are often corrected while the inspection is underway. Restaurants earning below 70 must raise their scores within seven days or face closure.
4-OR 5-POINT DEMERITS
Betty’s Bar-B-Q, 401 S. Quintard Ave., Anniston - 92, broken lids should be replaced; food contact surfaces must be clean to sight and touch.
JWok, 1807 U.S. 78, Oxford - 81, assignment of person in charge required; potentially hazardous food did not meet temperature requirements during cold holding; problem with date marking; food contact surfaces must be clean to sight and touch.
Publix (Deli), 115 Commons Way, Oxford - 95, problem with sanitization rinse.
NO MAJOR DEMERITS
Chef T’s Friends in Christ (Mobile Unit), 3900 U.S. 431, Anniston - 97.
Cider Ridge Golf Club, 200 Apple Blossom Way, Oxford - 97.
Country Corner, 101 Shady Grove Road, Piedmont - 96.
Discount Food Mart, 140 U.S. 278, Piedmont - 95.
First Baptist Church Wee Care, Jacksonville - 99.
Fuji Japanese Cuisine, 218 Davis Loop, Oxford - 93.
Huddle House, 6371 U.S. 431, Alexandria - 97.
Jack’s, 1900 Quintard Ave., Anniston - 98.
Legacy Village of Jacksonville - 100.
Pic ‘n Sav (Deli), 2495 U.S. 431, Anniston - 99.
Pic ‘n Sav (Produce), 2495 U.S. 431, Anniston - 99.
Publix (Bakery), 115 Commons Way, Oxford - 100.
Publix (Market), 115 Commons Way, Oxford - 99.
Publix (Produce), 115 Commons Way, Oxford - 100.
Publix (Sushi/Seafood), 115 Commons Way, Oxford - 99.
Samco Express, 3209 Choccolocco Road, Anniston - 99.
Samco, 6301 U.S. 278, Piedmont - 97.
Sonic Drive-In, 302 Glade Road, Anniston - 97.
Sonic Drive-In, 1120 Pelham Road, S., Jacksonville - 97.
Stewards Market, 8960 Alabama 9, Anniston - 99.
Subway, 5430 McClellan Blvd., Anniston - 100.
Waffle House, 65 Jimmy Hinton Drive, Oxford - 94.
08-10-2018 Cattle Report
Here is the livestock market report for the Tuesday sale.
Receipts for this week 596 compared to 510 last week. Receipts a year ago 579.
Bulls and steers (Medium and Large No. 1 and No. 2): 200-300 lbs. 170.00 to 217.00; 300-400 lbs. 160.00 to 195.00; 400-500 lbs. 136.00 to 160.00; 500-600 lbs. 122.00 to 150.00; 600-800 lbs. 100.00-144.00.
Heifers (Medium and Large No. 1 and No. 2): 200-300 lbs. 155.00 to 170.00; 300-400 lbs. 145.00 to 162.00; 400-500 lbs. 127.00 to 147.00; 500-600 lbs. 120.00 to 137.00; 600-700 lbs. 105.00 to 127.00.
Cows: Breakers 48.00 to 53.00; Boners 46.00 to 56.00; Lean 46.00 to 56.00.
High Dressing >58% 83.00. Normal Dressing 54-58% 79.00. Low Dressing <54% 74.00.