Here are food service establishments recently inspected by the Calhoun County Health Department, along with scores. A score of 100 indicates the inspector found no deficiencies. Potentially hazardous deficiencies (four- or five-point demerit items) are noted. These must be corrected immediately and inspectors say they are often corrected while the inspection is underway. Restaurants earning below 70 must raise their scores within seven days or face closure.
NO MAJOR DEMERITS
- Fairfield Inn & Suites, 143 Colonial Drive, Oxford - 98.
- Hilton/Great American Grill, 280 Colonial Drive, Oxford - 97.
- Home 2 Suites, 300 Colonial Drive, Oxford - 100.
- Pizza Hut, 202 E. Hamric Drive, Oxford - 94.
- Sam’s Club (Cafe), 1900 Oxford Exchange Blvd., Oxford - 99.
- Sam’s Club (Produce), 1900 Oxford Exchange Blvd., Oxford - 100.
- Susan Rae’s Early Learning Center, Eastaboga - 98.
- Word Alive (Cafe), 122 Allendale Road, Oxford - 99.
They were closed Jan. 2 for the holiday.
Editor’s note: Arrests and Blotter will be updated when they become available.