TALLADEGA — Darrell Waltrip vividly recalls his first visit to Talladega Superspeedway in 1972 for his first career start in NASCAR’s premier series.
The architect said builders had used lightweight concrete supported by a non-porous metal sheet. That’s not a typical arrangement for roofing: Concrete absorbs water and over time can cause rust in the metal.
Five new warrants were issued Wednesday against a Randolph County teacher who was accused earlier this month of engaging in a sexual relationship with a 15-year-old student.
The federal disaster training center at McClellan will get $20 million for long-awaited construction projects this year, Department of Homeland Security officials say.
No one expected John Langston to survive the injuries he sustained in an assault at the Calhoun County Jail in December, including his family. But, his sister Linda Langston said, “He’s made a miraculous recovery — physically.”
Hobson City’s black history program Saturday will include the usual dose of history, but in what might be regarded as a look to the future, will include a presentation about home ownership, too.
HOT BLAST: Do you trust Facebook and other social media outlets to protect your personal information?
Facebook finds itself in a brewing controversy over how its users online habits were revealed to political campaigns. Do you trust social media companies to guard your private information?
- Weaver High renovations to last through summer
- Anniston man charged with dealing cocaine
- New sex-crime warrants issued against Randolph County teacher
- Anniston man sentenced for drug crimes
- Homeland Security center at McClellan to get $20 million in upgrades
- Jail beating victim regains mobility but not memory, family says
- Anniston man charged with dealing cocaine
- Hobson City to celebrate heritage Saturday
- Look Back ... to Arbor Day giveaways, 1994
- Anniston-area stakeholders talk homelessness at Wednesday meeting
- Rough weather expected Saturday
- Anniston City Schools begins strategic plan to outpace obstacles to learning
- Ranburne council members meet with prosecutors, grand jury
- Missoula Children’s Theater returning to Heflin
- Man charged with National Guard sergeant’s death set for March hearings
- Tax law provides a degree of relief for Jacksonville homeowners’ finances
- Organic Certification Doesn’t Have to Be Intimidating
- Look Back ... to schoolmates' memorial for their young chum, 1944
- New show to focus on agriculture
- George Smith: But on second thought
- Trail Hikes with Daryl Warren: Hiking in winter can still be fun
- For George Arias Jr. and Austin Wells, Arizona Wildcats baseball is a family affair
- NASCAR icon Waltrip visits Talladega, get look at Transformation construction
- NBA Daily Show: Feb. 21 - The Starters
- NBA Meme Team - Top 5
- Barbaree leads LSU to win at The Prestige
- Louisiana Tech walks off UL-Lafayette
- Prep basketball: Northeast Regional scores, roundup
- LSU defensive tackle Davin Cotton re-enters the NCAA transfer portal
- Kushner: Enough! Pelicans need to make right decision and bench Anthony Davis
- NE Regional: Talladega boys survive final Anniston flourish, advance to state
- Ex-Packers receiver Jordy Nelson: ‘Do I wish it went a different way? Absolutely’
- 'So special' Aari McDonald poised to break UA's single-season scoring mark this weekend
- BenFred's 5: Baseball Prospectus swings and misses on Cardinals and Fowler
- Jordy Nelson on criticism of Packers' Aaron Rodgers: ‘The same people’ saying ‘the same stuff’
- Cardinals will ease Miller into spring action
- Birds of a feather: Motte and Wainwright reunite
- NE Regional: Anniston girls go cold in second half but earn another trip to Birmingham
- Hernan Perez, Cory Spangenberg make a play for utility roles with Brewers
- One losing streak will end when Wildcats, Golden Bears meet Thursday night
Brody Roberts was only a few months old when his pediatrician, concerned with the size of the infant’s head, referred him to a neurologist. A CT scan, followed by an MRI, revealed bilateral opercular dysplasia. In layman’s terms, the cortex of the brain didn’t develop correctly.
Best known for her 1995 mega-hit ‘One of Us’, in which the creator of the universe is depicted in cringingly adorable rhymes such as ‘a stranger on the bus/trying to make his way home,/like a holy rolling stone/nobody calling on the phone/except for the Pope maybe in Rome’, Joan Osborne’s body of work is probably better defined by her unique ability to reimagine and perform covers.
Angie Bentley owns Glamour Studio, a hair and nail salon in Anniston. A hairdresser with more than 30 years of experience, she loves the relationships she forms with the people she works with and her clients — some of whom started coming to her as children and continue to get their hair styl…
It is not lost on me that tomorrow is Valentine’s Day. Likely Valentine plans are in place and purchases have been made for significant others, but if still struggling for a gift, then consider one of the holy trinity of fortified wines: Sherry, Madeira or Port.