According to fire Capt. Cale Donaldson, the cause of the fire was an air conditioning unit in the living room of the home.
Donaldson said the residents were able to get out of the home safely.
Donaldson said firefighters arrived at the residence around 10:30 a.m., and were able to safely put the blaze out within two to three minutes.
According to Donaldson, the fire caused major damage to the living room. The rest of the home suffered minor smoke damage, the captain said.
Staff writer Madasyn Czebiniak: 256-235-3562. On Twitter @MCzebiniak_Star.