Deputies: 12-year-old boy choked by stepfather
by Rachael Brown
rbrown@annistonstar.com
Sep 05, 2013 | 2613 views |  0 comments | 66 66 recommendations | email to a friend | print
A 12-year-old Anniston boy was reportedly choked by his stepfather last month after an argument over washing dishes, Calhoun County deputies said today.

Lt. Jon Garlick said the boy and his stepfather were arguing on Aug. 22 at a house on Newborn Street in Anniston. During the argument, the suspect put both hands around the boy’s neck, choked him and dragged him down the hallway, Garlick said. The boy’s mother filed a report with the Sheriff’s Office on Wednesday, Garlick said.

No arrests had been this morning, he said, and the Department of Human Resources is aiding in the investigation.

The suspect could be charged with domestic violence by strangulation, a felony.

Staff Writer Rachael Brown: 256-235-3562. On Twitter @RBrown_Star.

Comments must be made through Facebook
No personal attacks
No name-calling
No offensive language
Comments must stay on topic
No infringement of copyrighted material


Friends to Follow



Today's Events

event calendar

post a new event

Sunday, April 20, 2014

Marketplace