The Gadsden Etowah County Patriots Association annual Memorial Day program will be 10 a.m. Monday at the Ola Lee Mize Patriots Park adjacent to Noccalula Falls, Gadsden. The speaker will be retired Command Sgt. Maj. Leon Caffie. Bring your own lawn chair to the event.
Free computer classes will be held 9-11 a.m. at Cleburne County Career Technical School, 11200 U.S. 46, Heflin as follows:
• Tuesday, broadband 101 and eLearning.
• Wednesday, eCommerce and eHome.
• Thursday, eHealth.
The instructor will be Auburn graduate student James Manasco. Call the Cleburne County Extension office at 256-463-2620 to register or for more information.
Events at the Hobson City Public Library, 610 Martin Luther King Drive, include:
• Family night, 5:30-7 p.m., Mondays, food, activities, crafts and more are sponsored by Anniston Community Education Foundation.
• Saturday afternoon movies, 2 p.m., free event sponsored by Ross Handy Mart.
Call 256-231-7069 for more information.
Events at the Public Library of Anniston-Calhoun County, 108 E. 10th St., include:
• Kids’ story time, 10 a.m., every Tuesday.
• Kids’ make and take craft day, all day Wednesday.
• Kids’ movie, 2 p.m., Thursdays.
• Summer reading program for all ages, Tuesday through July 20.
• Adult summer reading program, Tuesday through July 2. Visit www.publiclibrary.cc/summerreading for details.
• Movie at noon, each Monday.
• Point/shoot digital camera class, 10 a.m., June 1, Alicia Neely is the instructor.
• Extreme couponing, 2 p.m., July 16.
Call 256-237-8501 or visit www.anniston.lib.al.us for more information on events being offered.
Events at the Oxford Public Library, 110 E. 6th St., Oxford include:
• Crochet classes, 9:30 a.m., Mondays.
• Adult movie day, noon, Tuesdays.
• Computer classes, 5 p.m., Tuesdays; 10 a.m., Wednesdays.
• Quilting classes, 10 a.m., Wednesdays.
• Knitting classes, 9:30 a.m., Thursdays.
• Kid time, 4 p.m., Thursdays.
• Story time, 10:30 a.m., Fridays.
Call 256-831-1750 or visit www.oxfordpubliclibrary.weebly.com for more information.
Visitation to Pelham Range cemeteries for decoration will be held 7 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday through Monday. All visitors must enter through Gate 3 Road off U.S. 431. Visitors are cautioned not to travel beyond or relocate any roadblocks or other type barricades while on Pelham Range. Proper I.D. will be required to enter. Call 256-847-4131 for more information.
Annual Memorial Day program, 1:30 p.m., Monday at American Legion Kelley Steadham Post 312, 1330 W. 10th St., guest speaker will be Comrade Eddie Johnson, post chaplain. The public is invited to attend.
Zumba dance fitness camp for kids will be held 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday, Monday-Aug. 9 at Harvest International Ministry, 707 Wilmer Ave. Email email@example.com for more information.
Camp Cane Creek, hosted by the Calhoun County Cooperative Extension, will be 8 a.m.-3 p.m. Monday-Friday beginning June 3 and ending June 28 at Cane Creek Gardens. The camp is for kids ages 5-12. You may register your child at the extension office at 1702 Noble St., suite 108 in the Calhoun County Administration building. An application may be downloaded from www.aces.edu/calhoun or call 256-237-1621 for more information.
Alabama School for the Blind will kick of Camp Asbury June 2-14 which is designed for visually impaired students ages 16-21. The Summer Enrichment Camp will be held June 16-22 and is designed for students ages 6-16. Tuition is free for both camps. Alabama School for the Deaf will hold its “Mission: Possible” Summer Enrichment Camp June 16-22 for students ages 6-16. The Helen Keller School of Alabama will hold its Summer Assessment Camp June 16-21 at no cost to campers. The camp is open to any school-age child who is sensory impaired multi-disabled. Space is limited. Visit http://www.aidb.org/ for more information on each camp.
Summer camp for children ages 5-14 will begin June 4 at SunWise Child Developmental Center, 3906 Pecanwood Drive, Oxford. Call 256-831-0871 to enroll your child or for more information.
The sixth annual “Art on the Median” will be 9 a.m.-2 p.m. June 8 in Wedowee. The event is presented by the East Alabama Arts Society. Call 256-357-4582 for more information.
Titus Baptist Bible College and Institute is offering an early enrollment discount until June 30. The fall semester begins Aug. 19. Applications are available at the college at 538 Main St. in Roanoke. Classes are held in Roanoke 9 a.m.-noon or 6-9 p.m. on Monday’s and 6-9 p.m. on Tuesday’s. Classes in Clay County are held 6-9 p.m. on Thursday’s at the Gospel Light Baptist Church in Lineville. The classes in Calhoun County are held 6-9 p.m. on Thursday’s at the New Bethel Baptist Church in Eastaboga. Call 334-863-5077 or visit www.titusbaptistseminary.org for more information.
Reservations are being taken for a bus tour to St. Augustine, Fla., Amelia Island and Jacksonville, Fla., Oct. 7-11. Call Regina at 256-393-9055 or 256-492-8505 for more information.