• Youth for Christ Committee and the City of Anniston Good Choices Program, noon, Mount Olive Baptist Church, 101 S. Christine Ave. Meeting is for choir practice and general meeting for the 2013 Youth for Christ Rally.
• Anniversary celebration of Deacon Jonathan J. Moon, presented by the Rev. Dennis Turk and Sister Dorothy Lawrence, 5-9 p.m., Carver Center, 1030 Tuscaloosa Ave., Gadsden. Food is free. Call 205-516-6554 or 256-478-1883 for more information.
• Free lunch by His Hands Extended Ministry, 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m., House of Prayer Church of God, Hamric Drive, Oxford, next to UPS. Dine-in only, everyone is welcome. Call 256-689-1419 for more information.
• Benefit spaghetti supper/bake sale for 9-year-old Abigail Gunter, 4:30-6:30 p.m., Church of Good Shepherd, 461 Choccolocco Road. Eat-in or carry-out, 256-453-4726 or 256-239-5548.
• Beans & Rice Ministry food distribution, 8:30-10:30 a.m., Grace Episcopal Church, 1000 Leighton Ave., 256-236-4457.
• Black History program, 3 p.m., Haven United Methodist Church, 114 W. 17th St. The theme will be “Celebrating Some Black Alabamians who Made a Difference at the Crossroads of Freedom and Equality.” The guests are Pastor James Patterson and New Harvest Christian Church; Julia Oliver, Gwendolyn Reid and Duane Dye.
• Gospel singing with New Ground, 10:30 a.m., Saks Baptist Church, 2945 U.S. 431 N.
• Singing, 10:30 a.m. and 1:15 p.m.; lunch, noon, First Baptist Church of Homewood Acres, 671 Homewood Drive, Eastaboga. Guest singers include Chosen Road of Smithville, Miss., and The Unity Four of Corinth, Miss. Call 256-375-8623 for more information.
• The bluegrass southern gospel group, Once Blinded, will be in concert, 1:30 p.m., Holley Springs Baptist Church, 2010 Choccolocco Road, across from Camp Lee. The event is free and open to the public. Call 256-835-0518 or 256-435-9775 or email email@example.com for more information.
• Talladega College presents A Nite of Gospel with Alvin Slaughter and the Talladega College choir, doors open 5 p.m.; show, 6 p.m., the Tornado Alley gymnasium, Talladega College. Call 256-761-6224 for more information.
• Black History month celebration, 3 p.m., St. John United Methodist Church, 329 D St., Deborah Hunter is senior pastor. Guest speaker is Representative Barbara Boyd. Guest choir is Parker Memorial Baptist Church Super Mass choir.
• Annual Steward Day, 2:30 p.m., New Hope C.M.E. Church, Bynum. Guest speaker will be the Rev. Jacobs of New Hope Baptist Church in Hobson City, guest choir will be the Salem Male Choir.
• Singing, 2 p.m., Hopeful Baptist Church, Cheaha Mountain. Crystal River will perform. Everyone is welcome to attend.
• Celebration of Black History, 4 p.m., Bethel Missionary Baptist Church.
• An Acceptable Fast: An Adult Lenten Study, supper, 5:30 p.m., Church of the Good Shepherd, Golden Springs Road. Call 256-237-5458 to reserve your seat.
• Southern gospel concert, 7 p.m., Mt. Holly Church, 4685 North Highway, Carrollton, Ga. Doors open at 6 p.m. Special guests include The McKameys, The Diplomats and the Anchormen. Call 770-537-0380 or 770-832-2930 for more information.
• Youth Summit and Speak Out, sponsored by the Youth for Christ Committee and the City of Anniston Good Choices program, 6 p.m., Carver Community Center.