• Southern gospel singing, 6 p.m., Friendship FCM, 409 Magnolia Ave., Blue Mountain. This will be a Gaither-style singing with “The New Sunrise Gospelaires,” “Set Free” and “Masters 3 Trio.” Call Jerry Bain at 256-310-6334 for more information.
• Youth for Christ committee and the City of Anniston Good Choices program meeting, noon, Macedonia Baptist Church, 1030 Parkwood Drive. Choir practice and general meeting for the 2013 Youth for Christ Rally.
• The third annual “What’s Love Got to do With It?” with Bishop Ervin E. Huguley, 3 p.m., Gods Covenant Ministry International, 1000 Parkwood Drive. Call 256-452-5308 or 256-452-9913 for more information.
• Pastor swap, 9 a.m. and 11 a.m., Word Alive International Outreach, 122 Allendale Road, Oxford. Pastor Kent Mattox of Word Alive will swap with Pastor Jerry Erwin of Harvest Church of God. Service time is 10 a.m. at Harvest Church of God. Email Stephanie@wordalive.org for more information.
• General Missionary Society Women's Day and Missionary Day, 3 p.m., Mount Olive Baptist Church, 101 S. Christine Ave. at B Street. The guest speaker will be Mrs. Gertie Hill of Roanoke. Music will be provided by Jacksonville State University gospel choir. Call 256-236-9821 for more information.
• Presbyterian USA Congregation Lenten series, 5:30 p.m., Dodson Memorial Church, 825 Main St., Oxford, with supper followed by an Ash Wednesday worship service. Call 256-237-5458 to make a reservation.
• Prayer service/bible study, noon, (also Feb. 20) Greater Calvary Baptist Church, 1600 Constantine Ave., the Rev. Hersey Taylor is pastor, everyone is invited to attend.
• Day of Prayer, 9 a.m.-1 p.m., St. John U.M. Church, 329 D St., Deborah A. Hunter is pastor. The event is hosted by Evangelist Shirley Williams. Call 256-835-2571 for more information. Call 256-835-2571 for more information.
• Chicken dressing dinner, 4 p.m. or until food runs out, Coldwater Methodist Church, 181 Cecile Drive, Oxford, dine-in or take-out. Church is behind Veterans Park on Coldwater Creek, seven miles west of Oxford and is visible from U.S. 78.
• Battle of the Quartets southern gospel music concert, 7 p.m., Heflin Parks & Recreation Center, Coleman Street, Heflin. Josh and Ashley Franks are the hosts. Doors open at 6 p.m. For more information, call 731-607-1948 or visit www.joshandashleyfranks.com.
• Benefit spaghetti supper/bake sale for 9-year-old Abigail Gunter, 4:30-6:30 p.m., Church of Good Shepherd, 461 Choccolocco Road, dine-in or carry-out. Call 256-453-4726 or 256-239-5548 for more information.