• Betty’s Barbecue in Anniston says its chicken and dressing and sweet potato souffle are its most popular take-out item for Thanksgiving.
Dressing only is $30 for a small pan (feeds 12), $62.50 for a medium pan (feeds 25) and $112.50 for a large pan (feeds 45). Chicken (or turkey) costs extra, and can be served on the side or cooked in.
Whole pies are also available: lemon icebox, chocolate fudge and Betty’s famous peanut butter pie. All orders should be placed as soon as possible. 401 S. Quintard Ave., 256-237-9876.
• Dad’s Barbecue in Anniston is selling pit-smoked hams (no whole turkeys this year). A whole ham is about 12 pounds, feeds 60 people and costs $80. A half-ham is $45. They do offer boneless turkey breast, about 6 pounds, for $45. Deadline to order is Monday.
You can also drop off meat and Dad’s will smoke it for you for $1 a pound. It must be thawed out; deadline to drop-off is Monday.
Dad’s also sells its side dishes by the gallon ($26.39) and half-gallon ($13.39), including green beans, mac and cheese and more. Chicken and dressing is $30 for a full pan and $15 for a half pan. 3105 McClellan Blvd., 256-238-4323, or 700 Noble St., 256-231-2459.
• Garfrerick’s Cafe in Oxford is selling side dishes (dressing, squash casserole, sweet potato casserole, garlic smashed potatoes, mac and cheese) for take-out, available now through Thanksgiving Day for $28-$32. Side dishes (in 9x13-inch pans) are enough to feed 12-15 people. 256-831-0044.
Garfrerick’s will be open for lunch on Thanksgiving Day, from 10 a.m.-3 p.m. A buffet will feature all the traditional fixings (turkey, ham, leg of lamb, side dishes, desserts, as well as a vegetarian entree) for $23.50 per person.
• Too Nice to Slice bakery in Oxford is running a special on pies. You can buy one pie at regular price ($14.99) or get two pies for $20, including sweet potato, pumpkin, apple and coconut cream. Pecan pies (regular, sugar-free and chocolate varieties) and peanut butter pies (also available in diabetic-friendly chocolate peanut butter) are not included in the special, but can be purchased for $16.99 each. They also offer pumpkin rolls for $18 (with pecans) or $15 (without pecans).
Too Nice to Slice also offers cheese straws ($3.95 per dozen), sausage balls ($11.99 per dozen) and cheese balls (prices vary) as well as cakes, cookies and other goodies. Orders should be placed as soon as possible. 204 Grace St., Oxford, 256-403-5396.
• Bonnie Ray’s Bake Shoppe in Anniston is running a Thanksgiving special: Two pies for $19.95; choose from sweet potato, pumpkin, peanut butter or chocolate cream (regular price $16-$18 each). The bakery also has carrot cake, coconut cake or banana split bundt cake for $19.95 each.
You can also get a appetizer tray with cream horns, German chocolate brownies and cheese straws (feeds 15-20) for $32.99.
Order ahead if possible. 5818 McClellan Blvd., 256-847-7303.
• Jilllybean’s Cupcakes and Ice Cream in Jacksonville has seasonal cakes and cupcakes available for Thanksgiving. Cakes include carrot and Italian cream cheese, starting at $28 for a three-layer, 8-inch cake. Seasonal cupcakes include eggnog and pumpkin cheesecake ($2.50 each, buy five, get one free). Order by Tuesday.
11 Public Square, Jacksonville, 256-435-9600.