A home on Russell Drive caught fire around 7 p.m. Sunday. Two people lived at the house, but neither was home at the time of the fire, Bunn said. No one was injured in the blaze.
Bunn said about 85 percent of the home was damaged by the fire.
“It’s not completely destroyed ...” Bunn said. “With smoke and fire, it’s pretty bad.”
Firefighters determined the cause of the fire was a faulty soldering iron that had been used earlier that day to fix a computer wire, Bunn said.
Staff Writer Brian Anderson: 256-235-3546. On Twitter @BAnderson_Star.