• Chris and Heather Dempsey of Jacksonville invite you to their home, Fiddler’s Green, for the annual “Skirmish at Fiddler’s Green.” Civil War-era activities will take place throughout the day, with a tour of the home at noon and battle reenactment at 2 p.m. Camps and sutler shops will be open to browse and Un-Reconstructed, a six-piece string band specializing in period music, will perform throughout the day. The event is open to the public; donations are requested. Visit www.fiddlersgreenalabama.com or contact Chris Depsey at 256-435-6055 for more information. The address is 3105 Roy Webb Road, Jacksonville.
• Bring your lunch and enjoy the latest story from everyone’s favorite British secret agent, noon in the Ayers Room of the Anniston-Calhoun County Public Library. Popcorn and drinks are 50 cents each.
• Today is the last day to purchase a coupon for a $10 Mother’s Day family picture. The package includes one 10x13, one 8x10, two 5x7 and 8 wallets. All proceeds from the event benefit “In The Arms Of An Angel” Multiple Sclerosis Foundation. Photos will be taken at 333 Choccolocco St., Oxford. For more information, contact April S. Vincent, CEO and founder at 256-249-3706 or 256-404-8691, email Msangelwings07@gmail.com.
• Talladega College is preparing to celebrate with alumni, visitors and friends during the Annual Reunion Weekend May 10-12. Friday evening will be the Sixth Annual President’s Scholarship Concert by Mr. Frankie Beverly and Maze at the Talladega Superspeedway Dome at 8 p.m. There will be a special guest appearance by Comedian Lightfoot and an added surprise special guest, in addition to music provided by DJ Bad Boy Butch of Birmingham. Tickets to the concert are available online for purchase by anyone interested in attending at www.ticketmaster.com. General admission, reserved seating and VIP packages are available. Contact the business office at Talladega College at 256-761-6224 or Alumni Affairs at 256-761-6203 for weekend registration information.
• Walk the night away at Relay for Life from 6 p.m-6 a.m. at the McClellan Soccer Complex. This annual event is a huge fundraiser for the American Cancer Society, with more than $83,000 raised so far this year.
• If you’re not too tired from walking for Relay for Life, head to Piedmont for the second annual 5k race benefiting the Piedmont Benevolence Center, a nonprofit charitable organization that assists the needy with food, clothing and crisis assistance in the Piedmont area. The race will be held at the Piedmont High School Football Stadium at 8 a.m. Registration is 6:30-7:30 a.m. Food, prizes and awards will follow the race. Race-day registration is $25. On race day, shirts will be available while supply lasts. For more information, contact Heather Lamey at 256-447-2220 or firstname.lastname@example.org.