The fire occurred at a two-story home at 726 Hillyer High Road at 9:46 p.m., David Randle, Anniston assistant fire chief, said.
Randle said the fire department was at the home for two and a half hours and used three firetrucks to fight the blaze. Randle said the fire began in a fireplace and the flames spread to the floor, causing heat and smoke damage to the area. He said firefighters contained the damage to the fireplace and surrounding floor space.
Staff Writer Rachael Griffin: 256-235-3562. On Twitter @RGriffin_Star.