D.C. Navy Yard shooter was reservist until 2011
Sep 16, 2013 | 1293 views |  0 comments | 1 1 recommendations | email to a friend | print
Police work the scene where a gunman was reported in a military building at the Washington Navy Yard Monday. (AP Photo/Jacquelyn Martin)
Police work the scene where a gunman was reported in a military building at the Washington Navy Yard Monday. (AP Photo/Jacquelyn Martin)
slideshow
WASHINGTON (AP) — The Navy says a gunman who opened fire inside a building at the Washington Navy Yard was a full-time reservist from 2007 to 2011.

The Navy said in a release Monday that 34-year-old Aaron Alexis, of Texas, left the Navy on Jan. 31, 2011, as a petty officer 3rd class. It's not immediately clear why he left.

Alexis had been working for the fleet logistics support squadron No. 46, in Fort Worth, Texas. The Navy says his home of record was New York City.

Alexis was one of 13 people killed during the rampage.
Comments must be made through Facebook
No personal attacks
No name-calling
No offensive language
Comments must stay on topic
No infringement of copyrighted material


Friends to Follow


Today's Events

event calendar

post a new event

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Marketplace