Anniston police investigate threatening calls
by Rachael Griffin
rgriffin@annistonstar.com
Feb 18, 2013 | 11362 views |  0 comments | 5 5 recommendations | email to a friend | print
Police today are investigating an incident reported Friday of a man allegedly receiving threatening phone calls from a former girlfriend.

Anniston police Lt. Fred Forsythe said the victim, a 30-year-old man, told police he’s received phone calls from his ex-girlfriend threatening his life if he doesn’t revoke a warrant he’d filed against her. The victim told police the calls were made between Feb. 9 and Thursday to his home on the 2500 block of Gurnee Avenue.

“The suspect called the victim and said, ‘If you don’t drop the warrant I will have you killed,’” Forsythe said.

Forsythe said the man previously filed a harassment warrant against the woman.

Police are checking phone records and still investigating the alleged phone calls. A suspect is likely to be charged with felony intimidation of a witness, according to a police report.

Staff Writer Rachael Griffin: 256-235-3562. On Twitter @RGriffin_Star.

Comments must be made through Facebook
No personal attacks
No name-calling
No offensive language
Comments must stay on topic
No infringement of copyrighted material


Friends to Follow



Today's Events

event calendar

post a new event

Saturday, April 19, 2014

Marketplace