Fire damaged part of a McDonald’s in Piedmont late Thursday morning.

Jacksonville assistant fire Chief Randy Childs said his department was called to assist with the blaze, which started around 11 a.m. at the fast food chain on U.S. 278 in Piedmont. Childs said there were no reports of injuries.

Childs said his department sent one truck and helped get the situation under control in about 20 minutes after arriving on the scene.

Childs said though the case is still under investigation, it appears the fire started around the grease traps in the cooking area.

“It had pretty heavy damage on the inside,” Childs said of the restaurant. “There was fire damage in the ceiling and there was heavy water and smoke damage.”

Staff writer Patrick McCreless: 256-235-3561. On Twitter @PMcCreless_Star.